Do you have a bunch of projects that you've started, but not launched? This is the show where we build and launch something every 7 days.
In this episode Justin does a mid-week checkup with Adam to see how he's doing with his podcasting course.
Once you've promised the world that you're going to make something, that's when things get scary. Because now you have to make it. Most of us would rather create things in our cave and not launch, because that's safe. It's time for you to go public.
- Marc Eglon built Letterlist.com
- Robert is launching Emails that Win on Feb 18.
- Seth Werkheiser has an awesome email newsletter called Skull Toaster. Every week he sends out heavy metal trivia + music picks.
This week's project
Listeners have asked me to do a "Build & Launch sprint" where I help someone else launch a product.
Action steps: what to do when you feel overwhelmed
- Get things out of your brain, and on to paper, or into project management software (we used Sprintly).
- Start now, and start small. Get the first thing on your list done. Just sit down, turn off Twitter, turn off your phone, and get the work done.
Don’t try to cajole yourself into action by saying that you’re going to do one tooth then do them all. Just floss one. Do it every day. And watch what happens. I can tell you what happened to me – one day, about three weeks in, I had an itch for completion. I wanted, needed to floss them all. I wasn’t even particularly aware of the change, which seemed natural and unconscious. And now I can’t not floss. Mission accomplished. - Margaret Lukens, Floss one tooth
Previous week's launches
- The Build & Launch podcast
- The Product Hunt Handbook
- Network Effects: a web app for notifying groups via SMS