When we last spoke, I was mid-week through his experiment of building a product in 7 days.
Yesterday was supposed to be launch day, did I succeed?
Listen as I expose his personal audio journals to the world, chronicling his journey of writing and shipping "The Product Hunt Handbook." Explore the struggle, the obstacles, the exhaustion!
The actual work of producing a product is hard. Most of the time you waste is not getting to the actual work. In this case, the only thing that mattered was me sitting down at my computer with iBooks Author and writing. That's the only thing that brought me forward.
Initial Launch Stats for the Product Hunt Handbook
- Pre-orders: 58 people pre-ordered ($605)
- Total orders as of Friday morning (Feb 6): 89 total sales ($1,055)
- 40 sales came from Product Hunt, 32 sales came from the Build & Launch newsletter
This week's Build & Launch project
My buddy Marty and I are going to try to build an entire web application by Thursday, Feb 12th, 2015 BEFORE HIS BABY COMES.
- Tech Douchebags podcast
- The Product Hunt Handbook
- Kathleen Warner, a Designer at Gumroad, posted the book to Product Hunt
- Geek Beers in Vernon, BC
- People have been leaving iTunes reviews like crazy!
- Gumroad's 30 Day Challenge
- Build & Launch newsletter (get all my launch stats)
- Follow Justin on Twitter @mijustin
- BEARD UPDATE
Podcast hosting + stats by Simplecast.fm